Thursday, May 29, 2014

2014 Reading List


I love to read, but often I don't give myself the time for it, or I simply re-read books I know that I already love. My husband reads, but is pretty bad about only reading books for work. This year we decided to each make a reading list that included some books we wouldn't normally read. We put 10 books on each of our reading lists. That's not to say we are only going to read 10 books!! I just like having a list of books that I do want to finish before the year, some of them have been on my list for a while but they aren't "fun" reads, and I need a little extra motivation for them! 

Sometimes I get home from work and all I want to do is sit on the couch and watch TV so I don't have to think about anything. However, when I make the time to read instead of watch TV, I feel like I've actually accomplished something during that relaxing time!

I encourage you to start a reading list if you don't already have one! I've found out about a lot of great books from bloggers by reading their reviews. Feel free to leave any reading suggestions or your reading list in the comments!

MY TEN: 

Love Does: Discover a Secretly Incredible Life in an Ordinary World by Bob Goff

Divergent, Allegiant, & Insurgent by Veronica Roth

The Joy of Less, A Minimalist Living Guide by Francine Jay

L. O. V. E.: Putting Your Love Styles to Work for You by Les & Leslie Parrott

The Monuments Men by Robert Edsel and Bret Witter

Every Woman's Battle by Shannon Ethridge

Water for Elephants: A Novel by Sara Gruen

Balancing It All: My Story of Juggling Priorities and Purpose by Candace Cameron Bure

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 The Rose Corner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena