Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Reading Challenge 2015 Update

Back here I wrote about the 2015 Reading Challenge I am doing. I will admit, I am a bit behind, but hopefully this summer I'll have a chance to catch up while I am not as busy! 

Here is my list so far: 

The 5 Money Personalities
Redeeming Love
Marley & Me
American Wife
Women of the Word
A Fifty-Year Silence
The Magicians
Little Women the Musical
Insatiable
The Secret Life of Bees
The Best Yes (in progress) 
The Spymistress (in progress) 

There are a few that I wouldn't recommend, and won't bother reviewing in detail since I am playing catch up those are: The 5 Money Personalities, American Wife, The Magicians. I felt like they were all too slow, or had over used premises. I also won't review Little Women the Musical, one of the challenges was a play, so since I was directing that show I read the script about 20 times! However, I don't think it will be going on your reading list anytime soon! 

Redeeming Love - I can't believe that I haven't read this before! This book was such a heart wrenching story, and a beautiful picture of sacrificial love. I definitely recommend it!

Marley & Me - Another one that is relatively old (I've been browsing the Goodwill racks for some of my 52 reads this year) and it was a tear-jerker! I love a good cry though!

Women of the Word - This was a very helpful and practical book. It did take me a pretty long time to get through considering how short it is, but I think that was because of her writing style. 

A Fifty-Year Silence - This was an interesting read. . . I wan't sure what to expect after reading some reviews of it. It was a very touching, and sincere story. It was very personal to the author, since it was about her grandparents. However, it didn't pull me in, and I can't say I would recommend it to many people. You may be interested in it if your grandparents went through a similar situation, or if you are very interested in history. But I know the story meant so much to her family so that made it a bit more endearing. 

Insatiable - This is one of the hundreds of vampire books that are currently out, I also picked it up at Goodwill. I knew it would be a quick, easy read, which I need for this challenge. It was better than I thought it would be! So if you're into vampires go and pick it up!

The Secret Life of Bees - I had heard plenty about this book because of the movie, and the popularity of the book. I couldn't put it down. This was a wonderful book that I would recommend to anybody!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 The Rose Corner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena