Monday, July 7, 2014

Weekend Highlights!

Wow! I feel like I haven't been on here quite as often lately! I'm sorry about that and hopefully I'll start getting into the swing of things again. I hope that you guys all had a wonderful 4th of July! I had a super busy weekend but got so much done! 

My husband was out of town the past week (he got in at 3:00 AM this morning!! ugh) so I did a lot of projects around the house, and then went to visit my parents! Here are a few of the highlights from this past week/weekend!

TV Stand - I finished it!! no picture yet, don't worry it's coming soon!!


Conservators' Center - This is an awesome place my family just found out about. It's about 15 minutes from my parent's house and I can't believe we hadn't heard of it before. I love animals, and going to the zoo is one of my favorite things to do! This wasn't a zoo (as you can tell by the name) their main purpose is education, conservation, and rescue. Some of the cages were a little small I thought, but the guide mentioned several times that they were in the process of building bigger enclosures, and pointed out some of the clearings on the path where they would go. It was a guided tour so you learned a lot about the individual animals. It was really neat! They had about 4 different enclosure for their lions, and they would "talk" to them and the lions would begin roaring at each other (friendly roars of course!) If you live in the Greensboro/Burlington NC area I definitely suggest you check it out! They have a Twilight Tour, that is supposed to be awesome, that'll probably be what we do on our next visit!

July 4th Service - The Sunday after July 4th we had a lot of special music honoring our country and the men who have served in our Armed Forces. All of the music was so powerful, and everyone did an amazing job on it! 


Gallery Wall - I finally finished my gallery wall last night! I might still change it up, but I am so glad to actually have things hanging on my wall in the living room! More details to come!


This Candle - O My Word! This is the best candle ever! I got it at Marshall's this weekend and am completely in love. It smells amazing and will be cute decor even after the candle part is gone. There were 3 when I was there, and I am so tempted to go back and buy them all!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 The Rose Corner, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena